I feel very honored to be recognized by my fellow bloggers, and I wanted to take the time to thank them by answering their nomination questions. You can read more about how I feel about The Wonderful World of Blogging here and this awesome, supportive blogging community.
If you feel so inclined, please take a moment and visit each of these blogs to get to know them as well. You may just find a new blog to follow. A huge thank you to all!
Written by Paula, a veterinary student. She writes about life as a vet student, travel, photography and more. This was my first Liebster Award Nomination and you can read my original post here. (Liebster Award Nomination, February 24, 2016)
- What is your favorite quote? It’s more of a general saying. “Saving one cat may not change the world, but it will surely change the world of that one cat.”
- Why do you write? Because I enjoy it and want to help cats.
- Have you ever had an experience that took your breath away? Yes, I have had the wind knocked out of me before. :-)
- What scent do you associate with a memory? A certain aftershave that reminds me of my grandpa and spending summers in Michigan with him.
- What are your hobbies? Crafting and doing jigsaw puzzles. (I’m basically an old lady at heart.)
- Favorite scientific subject? Ecohydrology and hydrobiology. (Oh, just kidding.)
- Dogs or cats, and why? Cats! Because they are awesome. (But I love dogs, too.)
- What is your favorite song? I don’t have one. I have a hard time committing to anything as a favorite.
- Abstract or realistic art? Realistic.
- Do you have any tattoos? Yes, a Korean symbol that (hopefully) means strength.
Luca, who resides in Italy, shares his cats with us and also the occasional poem. (Liebster Award Nomination, March 4, 2016)
- If you have pets, how many? I currently have three chatty cats (Dexter, Olive and Sophie), one dog (Eddie), and two desert tortoises (they moved into our backyard when their previous owner moved to a colder climate).
- What is your favorite quote? Same answer as above – It’s more of a general saying. “Saving one cat may not change the world, but it will surely change the world of that one cat.”
- From what you write, and why? I currently write my blog to help spread the word about cat rescues, adoptions and individuals doing their part to help cats.
- Your favorite books? Some of the latest books I’ve read have been about real life cats, and they’ve been some really good ones to read. Ones like Street Cat Bob and Dewey.
- One word to describe yourself. Organized!
- The first word that comes to mind. Food!
- Noise or silence? Noise.
- Do you think blogs are useful? Definitely.
“Felines opine on the world from their viewpoint” – Written by Anita, an unashamed cat fanatic. (Liebster Award Nomination, March 10, 2016)
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I thought it would be a fun thing to do and would get me more involved in the cat world.
- How did you decide on your blog name? Inspired by my own three cats, who like to chat.
- What is your favorite blog post on your site? That’s a toughie! I don’t think I have a favorite, but I think there was good reader response to the declaw post.
- What one piece of advice would you give to other bloggers? Write what you’re passionate about.
- What new blog have you discovered lately and why do you like it? I think I discover a new blog almost every day, since I’m still connecting with everyone. Another new one that is getting started and has great articles is Chirpy Cats.
- What is the best thing about animal/pet blogging? Besides all of the great info being posted out there, it’s a wonderfully supportive community.
- Is your blog purely an act of love or does it also bring in income? Act of love.
- Do you celebrate your pet’s birthday? Why (and how) or why not? Since all of my pets are rescues, I don’t know their birthdays. They get an extra pet and cuddle on their gotcha day, though!
- What is the one thing you would do for your local rescue or shelter if you had unlimited funds? Donate said unlimited funds so they could use them however they need to.
- What is your fur child (children’s) favorite toy? They follow after their mama and don’t really have favorites. They will play with something for a bit and then move on, never to touch it again.
Christopher, a writer and poet shares his thoughts. Three Chatty Cats also inspired a poem that you can read here. (Sunshine Blogging Nomination, March 29, 2016)
- What do you write? I majored in Screenwriting in college. Since then, I’ve written a novel and never done anything with it. Currently, I only write for my blog.
- Why do u write? Because I enjoy it and can’t really imagine not writing in some capacity.
- What do you love besides writing? My pets and my husband (in random order, of course).
- What is an aim in life you are working on right now? I’m working to make my blog the best it can be to help bring attention to cats in need.
- What is a positive quality about you? I’m very dedicated.
- Do you have or have you had a mentor? If so, who, please? The person I feel who mentored me the most about writing was a college professor, who is sadly no longer with us. His name was Leonard Schrader.
- Which is your favorite book and why? I have a very hard time branding something as a definitive favorite. But I could read the Harry Potter books over and over.
- Is there a favorite way (place, accompaniments, posture) you have to write? Favorite, no. Most productive, at my computer. I have a standing height desk, so I go back and forth from sitting to standing.
- What are some tips on becoming a good writer? Write every day, no matter what!
- What would you do if you were the last person in the world? Find a cat, pet it. :-)
- Why are your friends your friends? I guess because I genuinely like them and know I can count on them. I find that’s hard to come by. Too cynical? :-)
The world of Buddy Foster, the cat, as shared from his ailurophile cat mama, Brenda. (Liebster Award Nomination, April 10, 2016)
- What do you enjoy writing most – poetry, stories…? Stories. My college major was screenwriting. I’ve only ever written poetry when assigned to in class.
- If you could write like one famous author, who would it be? J.K. Rowling
- Who would you like to have lunch with if you could choose anyone in the world? Ummm… J.K. Rowling? (She’s top of mind at the moment.)
- What do you enjoy reading most? Mysteries.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Right where I am. But in the future, on a farm surrounded by rescued animals.
- Do you like cats? Why or why not? They’re okay, I guess. Over time I’ve learned to like them. :-)
- What would you change in your life if you could? I’m a pretty content person. At this point, I don’t think I’d change a thing.
- Is there one thing about yourself you would like to change? I should probably eat healthier. And I should probably remove probably from that first sentence.
- What kind of blogs do you follow? Pet blogs, humor blogs, everyday life blogs.
- What makes you happy? Being at home with my pets and husband. Should I have said husband first? :-)