The holiday season is full of hustle and bustle for many. And for some pet parents, that may mean traveling with your cat or dog. If that’s you this year, or maybe something you’re considering in the future, you might be interested in the Sleepypod Air carrier and the Sleepypod Go Bag. Learn more about each below and then enter our giveaway!
This post is sponsored by Sleepypod because they believe traveling safely with your pet is of the utmost importance.
Disclosure: We are being compensated for this post. All opinions stated here are our own. Three Chatty Cats only shares information we feel would be relevant to our readers. All opinions stated here are our own.
Carrier Considerations For Flying with Your Cat
If you’re flying with your pet, using a carrier specifically designed for air travel is essential. Here are some things to consider when selecting a carrier for air travel:
- Does the carrier meet safety standards? Not just on the airplane, but for travel to and from the airport as well?
- Is the carrier made specifically for flying in an airline cabin? Will it fit under an airplane seat properly?
- Does the carrier have proper ventilation to keep your pet safe and comfortable during the flight?
- Is the carrier secure? What safety features does it offer?
- Will it be comfortable for your pet during long flights?
Now that we know what to look for in selecting a carrier, let’s look specifically at the Sleepypod Air carrier.
First off, the Sleepypod Air carrier is intended for – you got it – air travel. So, we know it will meet the basic requirements we’re looking for.
Here are this carrier’s features:
- The carrier has a flexible frame to adjust to fit under airline seats.
- An inside tether attaches to your pet’s harness for added safety.
- The carrier can be attached to a telescopic luggage handle for easy transport.
- The carrier has an ultra-plush liner for comfort, which is machine-washable.
- A warming pad (sold separately) can be placed in the liner for added heat.
- A privacy screen can be inserted and adjusted for your pet’s comfort.
- There are exterior pockets for your pet’s travel essentials.
- It has a removable padded shoulder strap.
- The carrier is crash-tested and can be used as a car seat (it should be placed in the rear passenger seat only).
- Made of luggage-grade, ballistic nylon.
Sleepypod Air Dimensions:
- Exterior dimensions: 16 to 22 (long) x 10.5 (wide) x 10.5 (tall) inches
- Interior dimensions: 15 to 21 (long) x 9.5 (wide) x 9.5 (tall) inches
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Recommended for pets 18 pounds or less
While the Air is designed to work with most airline seats, it’s always a good idea to call ahead to check your specific airline’s seat dimensions.
A traditional pet carrier
Even if you’re not using it for air travel, Sleepypod Air can be used as a traditional pet carrier. What’s nice about the Air is that it folds flat when not in use. So if you’re tight on space at home – or don’t want to leave the carrier out to double as a bed (like we do with the mobile pet bed), you can fold it up and store it.
Overall, the Air is an excellent option for a traditional carrier – especially since it’s crash-tested, making it a safe choice in the car for your pet.
While we have the Sleepypod mobile pet beds out at our house 24/7, I’ve discovered that Woodrow also enjoys sleeping in the Air. It creates a nice den for him to feel cozy in, so I now leave it out downstairs. I find him sleeping in it several times a week.
Sleepypod Go Bag
If you’re traveling with your pet, in addition to a safe carrier, you’ll also want a handy bag to carry their supplies and toys. So, may I suggest the Sleepypod Go Bag!
The Go Bag is a roomy, comfortable cross-body bag that easily wipes down for quick cleaning. Here are the Go Bag’s features:
- A large padded main compartment.
- A flat base for stability.
- Two side pockets for water bottles or phones.
- Adjustable padded shoulder strap.
- Front zippered pocket for quick access to items.
- Utility ring for attaching items like a leash or flashlight.
- The exterior is easy to clean and made of luggage-grade, ballistic nylon.
- Go Bag dimensions: 16″ (tall) x 14″ (wide) x 5″ (deep)
- Go Bag weight: 1.2 pounds
The Go Bag’s main compartment, which is water repellent, includes:
- One large padded pocket that can fit a laptop or tablet.
- Two small pockets.
- A lanyard for items like keys.
The Sleepypod Go Bag in the glacier silver color also comes with two mini padded cubes and one insulated food bag.
Earlier this year, Woodrow and Sophie traveled to the Sleepypod office for a photoshoot. I packed up the trusty Go Bag with everything I thought they might need for the day trip.
Where to Buy
You can purchase the Sleepypod Air and the Sleepypod Go Bag directly on their website. Both products come in a variety of colors. The Air also has two special editions: Fear Free® Happy Homes and American Red Cross.
Sleepypod Air and Go Bag Giveaway
Sleepypod is generously giving away one Sleepypod Air and one Sleepypod Go Bag to one reader! Simply enter a blog comment below and then enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada (full details below).
The giveaway is open to residents in the U.S. and Canada, 18+ years of age, except where prohibited by law. One winner will be selected randomly by Rafflecopter and contacted via email on Sunday, December 10, 2023 after 5:00pm Pacific. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize through email. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize, and a new winner will be randomly selected by Rafflecopter. One (1) Sleepypod Air, valued at $199.99 USD, and one (1) Go Bag, valued at $99.99 USD, will be sent directly from Sleepypod to the winner. The winner can choose from the available colors in stock. The giveaway closes on December 10, 2023 at 5:00pm Pacific.
Regarding Canadian entrants: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Sophie patiently waiting her turn to hang out in the Sleepypod Air carrier.