I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, which I had never heard of – and chances are if you’re not a blogger, you’ve never heard of it either. I immediately Googled it and found a very informative post about it. From what I gather, the awards that go around in the blogging world are to help recognize and get to know fellow bloggers. The Liebster Award is geared toward new bloggers.
It appears that some see award nominations as an inconvenience – just another thing to have to do. The post I read equated blogging awards to a chain letter. Of course you don’t have to “accept” the nomination and follow the outlined steps. But for me, why not? It’s a good way to get to know my fellow bloggers, and I by no means will hold it against any of my nominees if they choose to ignore it. The hardest part about this for me will be sharing 11 interesting facts. I don’t talk about myself often; I’d rather talk about cats! But here goes…
First off – a big thank you to Beyond the Blue Coat for the nomination! This blog is written by Paula, a veterinary student, and it’s one you should go check out.
Step 1: Share 11 interesting facts about yourself
- I love, love, love cereal. My go-to is Honey Bunches of Oats.
- I have three (chatty) cats, one dog and two desert tortoises.
- I’ve been to Kuwait (and ridden a camel).
- I make handmade greeting cards.
- My major in college was Screenwriting. Go Chapman!
- I’m a super organized person and love making random lists. For example, I keep track of all the movies I have watched – currently at 1,811.
- When I was a teen, I was really allergic to cats, so I never thought I’d have cats as an adult. But look at me now!
- I am adopted from South Korea, grew up in Washington State and have lived in Southern California since going to college.
- My husband’s name is Ross, so we are Ross and Rachel. (I will let that one sit for a moment.)
- I did ballet for 10 years when I was young.
- I love Best Friends Animal Society and visited their sanctuary for the first time this past October. Here’s a picture of me taking cats on a stroller ride. What I consider a perfect vacation – volunteering and playing with cats!
Step 2: Answer these questions posed by Paula
- What is your favorite quote? It’s more of a general saying. “Saving one cat may not change the world, but it will surely change the world of that one cat.”
- Why do you write? Because I enjoy it and want to help cats.
- Have you ever had an experience that took your breath away? Yes, I have had the wind knocked out of me before. :-)
- What scent do you associate with a memory? A certain aftershave that reminds me of my grandpa and spending summers in Michigan with him.
- What are your hobbies? Crafting and doing jigsaw puzzles. (I’m basically an old lady at heart.)
- Favorite scientific subject? Ecohydrology and hydrobiology. (Oh, just kidding.)
- Dogs or cats, and why? Cats! Because they are awesome. (But I love dogs, too.)
- What is your favorite song? I don’t have one. I have a hard time committing to anything as a favorite.
- Abstract or realistic art? Realistic.
- Do you have any tattoos? Yes, a Korean symbol that (hopefully) means strength.
Step 3: Nominate 10 more bloggers and provide questions for them to answer. I will nominate seven now and think on the others.
- Adventures in Cat Fostering – a pretty self-explanatory title
- Shelter Life Photography – photos of cats in shelters
- Chirpy Cats – connecting cats and their people
- Handmade by BBL – for those crafters out there
- Lukecats – one man in Italy who truly loves cats and shares his thoughts
- Prosperity and Calamities – named for the blogger’s two cats, but blogs about much more
- The Adventures of Yeezy Cat – adventures and tips from Yeezy, one very stylish cat
Questions for the nominees:
- How many pets have you had in your life?
- What is the farthest place from home you’ve traveled?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- When did you start your blog?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite snack food?
- What is your social media of choice (if any)?
- What house of Hogwarts would you be sorted into?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- What’s the last movie you saw or book you read?
Thanks for reading! You now know a little bit more about the Three Chatty Cats’ human.