We all want to rescue and save all the cats and kittens. Am I right? But sometimes the thought is overwhelming and it feels like such a daunting undertaking. There are so many homeless cats out there waiting for their forever homes. How do we save them all?
Little by little. Kitty by kitty.
“How can I help?” you may ask. Some people think donating money and volunteering time are the only ways to help. And those are certainly wonderful things to do!
But perhaps money is tight or time is a luxury you just don’t have at the moment. Here are some easy – but HELPFUL – things you can do from your cozy chair at home!
1) Visit the Animal Rescue Site every day and click to feed shelter animals. I do this every single day! It’s easy to remember, as you can sign up for a reminder email if you feel so inclined.
2) Use GoodSearch when browsing the web.
(Site excerpt: Goodsearch is a simple way to make a difference — each time you search the web (though Yahoo!-powered Goodsearch), shop online (at the 2,800+ stores on Goodshop), we’ll make a donation to your favorite cause. We know you have limited time and money and we’ve created our products to make giving back easy. )
3) Use smile.amazon.com instead of regular old Amazon.
4) If you see a kitty that needs a home, share it on Facebook or any social media outlet. The more people who know about it, the higher the chance the kitty will get adopted!
5) Spread the word. Similar to #4, if you know of a local animal rescue that needs more exposure, share their posts on Facebook. Tell your friends so if they ever are looking to adopt a pet, they will remember that rescue.
6) Donate old linens and towels. Many animal rescues are in need of blankets and towels for their cats (and dogs). They get soiled easily and the more towels they have, the merrier!
These are just a few suggestions that take no time or money to do (well, unless you buy something on Amazon). What suggestions do you have? Please share!